Monday, April 1, 2013

What dreams may come

I had the strangest dream last night.

I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, brushing my teeth, and I noticed that my lips had become terribly chapped--they were cracked, little lines of blood rising up through the foam of the toothpaste.  I stopped brushing, rinsed my mouth, and reached up to tug at a flake of dead skin, dangling from my upper lip.

But as I pulled, the entire lip came away--the skin tore up my face in a long ribbon, and without my prompting other strips dropped like water from my chin, and then the blood was everywhere, just pouring out of me like a fountain, and knowing there was nothing to be done, I stood aghast and watched the whole of me trickle down the bathroom drain.

I wonder what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment